Groups & Services
Groups and services
Our main weekly service at St Winifrid’s Church is Holy Communion which is held on Sundays at 11am. Music is led by our worship group and we have a team of leaders who lead us into our service. There are facilities for children if needed.
People are welcomed from 10.30am to enjoy a cup of tea or coffee and a biscuit; this enables them to have a friendly chat with others in a relaxed atmosphere.
We also hold prayer evenings on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month, from 6.30 to 7.30pm. In addition, we meet for prayer on the 4th Wednesday of each month at 1.30pm.
We try to encourage every member to use their spiritual gifts and natural abilities both within the church and in the community. We're a Bible based church and we offer personal prayer ministry during Sunday services.
We are a New Wine church and we have several Cell Groups running throughout the week in various places, where we can have a chat, laugh and learn from the Bible together and ask questions when needed. If you would like to join one of these groups, please talk to Mike, our Church Warden, or ring the church office.
A group from across the Totton Team go into our local schools with the Bible Society's ‘Open the Book’ , a 10 minute play given in assembly which enables children to hear stores from the Bible in their primary years.
We run Cafe Church on the second Sunday of every month at 4.15pm at 'Thistledonicely', a cafe at the corner of Water Lane and Salisbury Road in Totton. In a friendly atmosphere, all are welcome, whether you're used to church or not, to come along, listen to a reflection, take part in crafts, or just drink tea/coffee and eat cake.
Our church runs a Messy Church bi-monthly on a Saturday, normally from 2pm until 5pm. Messy Church is for families and people of all ages who like to craft, make a mess, sing songs, hear stories and meet others in a relaxed environment. At the end we share tea together. The only thing we ask is that children bring an adult with them!
Here are the next Messy Church dates:
- Saturday 24 November: Messy Fishing
- Saturday 8 December: Messy Christmas in the Precinct
- Monday 24 December: Messy Christingle: come and make your own Christingle from 3pm; service at 4pm
- Saturday 2 February: Messy Battle
- Saturday 6 April: Messy Easter
- Saturday 8 June: Messy Fun Church in the Park
- Saturday 13 July: Messy Travellers
- Saturday 28 September: Messy Joseph
- Saturday 9 November: Messy Daniel
- Saturday 7 December: Messy Christmas in Totton Precince (10.00 am until 1.00pm)
- Tuesday 24 December: Messy Christingle. Come and make your own Christingle from 3.00pm for a service at 4.00pm.