Here at St Win’s we are building for the future and for the community, embarking on a series of repairs and improvements to the building. Our aims are twofold:
- We want to open the doors of the church to the community and put St Win’s firmly at the heart of the community, providing support, resources and a home for a range of support services, organisations and events.
- We want to engage with those coming into St Win’s to allow them to know the love of our Lord Jesus Christ through outreach, compassion and Christian worship.
To read more detailed plans, click here
Already we are the home of several community groups:
- Humpty Dumpty’s preschool, who meet in the Lioba Chapel from Monday to Friday, 9am to 3pm. Click here to access their website to find out more about them.
- Ickle Village are a children’s role play centre, providing a place for children to learn, develop and have fun in their own little world through six interactive role play areas. They meet in the Thistle Hall on weekdays. Click here for more details.
- St Win's Jam takes place on the 2nd and 4th Fridays of each month at 7.30pm for all who love making music
- Lunchtime Live is a family-friendly festival happening on the first Saturday of each month from noon until 2pm, open to all.
- Achoiring Voices is a community choir open to all, meeting at St Win's in the main church space on Mondays from 1pm.
In the near future:
- Chris Taylor, a music professional who has a recording and music school business operating from a church in Shirley, is working with us to create a purpose-built facility at St Win’s for commercial use, but which could also offer work experience and apprenticeship opportunities for the community, encouraging music knowledge, skills and talent. Click here for a YouTube video detailing the vision.
Facilities for hire:
- Thistle Hall
- Large open plan area for worship and events
- Both these spaces have disability access, unisex/accessible toilets, tea and coffee making facilities, parking for 25 cars onsite with free municipal car parking within walking distance. In addition there is a small kitchen for tea/coffee making attached to the Thistle Hall, and the large open plan area has audio visual facilities and a hearing/induction loop. Contact the church office for details: email@example.com